Saturday, July 29, 2017
When I painted the mouse and florals I realized that one of the floral motifs resembled balloons, so when I added their stems, I positioned them so it would appear that the mouse were holding three blue balloons.
With this mouse, I tried adding a border, but I'm not sure I like it. I think I'd prefer a graded wash all around the edge with the color to the edge and fading to white.
Thursday, July 27, 2017
I decided it would be a good idea to add a little rabbit to the florals, so here it is! I painted the two large fern fronds first - the ones that form the "U" shape - then painted the rabbit, fading her into the ferns. Then it was on to add the florals and, for the final touch, I glued on the heart. I cut the heart from mixed media paper that I had painted, wet-in-wet, withe the colors in this palette.
The rabbit was easier to paint with watercolor than I anticipated. So I'll do more little animals.
Monday, July 17, 2017
For this one I went back to the original palette and decided that I wanted more variation in the size of the motifs. This is 8" x 8". When I was all done painting I decided to try one of the hearts I had cut from palette studies and I liked it and glued it on.
By the way, I've discovered that it's easier for me to paint a spiral by starting from the outside rather than the inside.
Sunday, July 16, 2017
Here's a slightly different palette, and two more pieces. I've created a few new flower types. I know I'm being repetitive, but this is so much fun!
I have two small closable plastic palettes and keep a different color palette in each. I just keep working with that color palette until I've used up most of the paint, or until I'm tired of it, then on to another one.
I enjoy the free and easy process of creating these little pieces. And, by the way, this secondary triad (except for the purple leaning more to blue) is one of my favorites.