Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Covering the Bad Spot
Now it's time to deal with that ugly blob in the sky. After much contemplation I decided that there was nothing I could do but cover it up, so I added another owl - one flying away - and then partially covered him with more mistletoe. Once that was done, I finished the branches and added the little mouse. The most fun part was painting the moonlight highlights on the branches. I know that the lighting in this painting is not realistic. The should be a much stronger shadow on all but the very edges of the owl. I probably should have pushed that farther than I did but I just couldn't bear to cover all those feathers that I worked so hard on. This painting really looks different depending on the lighting - I prefer it in somewhat dim light.