Saturday, May 5, 2012

Nearing Completion

After trying to round the birds more, "greening up" the cactus, and painting and fussing with the small branches I'm nearing the end of this painting.  I see a few more things I need to do and I'll make note of them here so I don't forget.  But I won't get to them until I'm at the same stage with the civet and can put the two side-by-side to figure out the final touches.  The final touches that I see now are:

Deeper shadow on the inside of the broken branch (?)
A bit deeper color on the small branches at the upper left (?)
A little darker on the left forward branch (?)
The thorn overlapping the left bird's tail shouldn't be overlapping as it is behind the tail.
I need to add a bit of green somewhere other than on the cactus and also somewhere in the civet part of the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment