Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Learning from the ACEOs

Here are a few more of the ACEOs I've done recently.  I especially like the barn owls.  I'm finding it valuable to put myself on a painting schedule, and with each little painting I complete I feel more comfortable and accomplished.

They're selling on eBay fairly well and I was able to donate nearly $500 to animal charities for February and March.  It's a lot of work, and also a lot of work for the money. Each painting takes me between four and five hours, and I start the bidding at $17.50.  I've had a few that sold for around $35 and another few that sold for abount $25, but most that sell go for under $20.

Still, I'm pleased.  I know that it's difficult for people to part with their money, especially for a luxury, non-utilitarian item like these little paintings.  And I'm grateful and flattered any time someone decides to do so.

So for now - back to painting!


No comments:

Post a Comment