Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Fairy is a Bear

This fairy is a bear!  And sculpting her was a several phase project.  I sculpted the bear without too much difficulty.  But, despite liking the pose, it made her look sad.  So I decided that I needed to have her looking at something.

I considered a book, but ended up settling on a flower with a bee on it.  (You can't see the bee in this photo.  And anyway it's just the body as I'll add wire legs and feelers and make the wings from something gauzy.)

Now there's another problem which is that the bear and flower are way out of scale with each other.  So, to solve that problem, I made the bear into a fairy by adding little wings.

Of course there's no way that wings this size could lift this bear.  But then, that's the magic of being a fairy!

No comments:

Post a Comment