Monday, April 20, 2015

A Young Rabbit's Fancy


Yes, as the saying goes, in Spring a young Rabbit's fancy turns to Love!  So he's come to visit his little sweetheart who is waiting at the entrance to her burrow.

When I went to Henley-on-Thames for my recent vacation I took watercolors and scratchboard supplies with me.  Neither of those are really "my medium," but they travel well.

I was there a few weeks before Easter and the stores were full of the sweetest merchandise, including greeting cards with Victorian looking illustrations.  For this painting, I borrowed from a few of those cards and combined them into a new design.

The watercolor was a hard slog, but it provided me with several hours of enjoyment over a few days.  It didn't take long to decide on a round format, and when I got back home I framed it in a mat with a circular opening.  It looks very sweet, and I'm happy with it.

Watercolor keeps drawing me back in on a pretty regular basis, so I guess I'd better get good at it or just finally give it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment