Sunday, January 23, 2011
Finishing the Fairy's Outfit
I looked through my glass cabochons and brass stampings for something to decorate the bodice with and decided on this glass Celtic knot piece. Also in the running was a beautiful brass dragonfly stamping, but I liked the round shape of the glass cabochon better and I also thought that the black background was a good touch.
Painting her face was difficult because the clay surface was not very even around the eyes. I used acrylic paint and a small liner brush, painting the eyeshadow, eyeliner, eyebrows, lips, and fingernails.
Her hair is "eyelash" style yarn with some Angelina fiber mixed in. I made a long tassle, wrapping the yarn around a file card and tying it together with a piece of yarn. The knot is at the top of the headl glued in place with some E6000 glue. I cut the ends and separated a small clump which I tied about an inch from the center knot. I then swept this clump to the side and glued it in place behind its knot. Later, I'll probably trim the hair a bit.
Her wings are Fantasy Fiber with skeleton leaves and glitter. I'll attach those last, once the fairy and all the items inside the gourd are in place.
Anyway, so far, so good.