Sunday, April 29, 2012

What Now?

My lights and shadows seemed much more pronounced in my painting than they do in the photo.  But I think that just means that I need to deepen my shadows.  And I see that I have the highlights in the wrong place on the tail.  For the tail, it looks like the light source is directly above, but for the rest of Lucy, it's to the upper left.

Before I looked at the photo here on the computer I thought I was ready to go on to the Cactus Wrens and get them to the same point then come back for the foreground branches on both.  But now I see I have a lot more work to do here.

I want more dramatic light and softer looking fur!  And I think I need to carry the dark stripes further upwards on Lucy's taill.  So, my work for tomorrow is cut out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment