The Punk Chicken is now nearly finished. She has her clothes, combat boots, spiked collar and most of her piercings. But where's the Mohawk?
But before I address that serious question, a bit about the clothing construction. I'm soooooo glad I made the wings separately - it made the whole clothing process much easier.
Anyway, I began with the skirt. I gathered lengths of tulle onto a ribbon waistband. There are four tulle layers and I gathered each of them separately so the skirt would be fluffier. To attach it, I simply glued the ribbon waistband to her body with Alene's Fast Grab glue, one of my four favorite glues (the others being E6000, WeldBond, and 5-minute cure two part epoxy). The tulle was the same length all the way around, so I got out my sharp fabric scissors and trimmed it to be shorter in the front. I also used the scissors to chop and rough up the hemline. The waistband needed a more finished look, so I hand stitched a bias cut piece of fabric, folded back on each long edge, over the ribbon with the seam under where one of the wings would be.