Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Magikal Messenger

 This crow shaman was one of the pieces in my last batch of ceramic sculptures.  Because the design was so simple, the challenge was to get his head really looking good, which I think I did a reasonable job with.

The cloak is stamped with the phrase "magical messenger" and also with two very similar small spiral armed stars.  The star stamps were designed and made by someone I know locally who used to be in the business.  I'm planning to design my own stamps for my clay work and I think that will make them more truly mine.

As I work more with the glazes I'm getting accustomed to what they do in the kiln and am also getting used to the rather messy look of them.  I'm almost to the point where I really like the mottled effects and the colors running together.

I remember in the past declaring that I would never get into ceramics, but I'm glad I have!


No comments:

Post a Comment