Monday, July 20, 2015

A Bit More Progress

I added the beginnings of a background and painted another layer on the dog.  I continued to use Raw Sienna, but with a bit of Burnt Umber, Raw Umber, and black. 
I'm still uncertain where the edges will be.  I'm trying to paint something than can be fit into a 5x7 card format, but I find that to be a difficult shape - too tall relative to its width.
In general, I'm happy with it, but the ear, especially, needs more work.  I'm uncertain from the photograph how the ear is folding.  I haven't been able to duplicate the look in the eye from the photo, but I like these eyes.  I think I need to continue with the dog and then figure out where I want to go with the background.  And I think I need to paint down further on the chest - which is a problem because in the photo the chest is covered with someone's hand.  I'll have to make it up.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment