Wednesday, February 3, 2016

"Tea in the Hedge" Session 4

Now I'm focusing on the stump, otherwise known as the tea table, painting the wood grain, the bark, the tea set, and cookies.  I did some shading on the cookies and tea set, but for the tea set I was planning on coming back in later and deepening the shadows with glazes.

At this point I can paint the foliage in front of the stump.  I like that the background on the right is darker than on the left, and I enhanced that.  It always helps me to set up my painting next to the TV in the evening so that I can have some time to evaluate it quietly and from a distance.  It's at these times that the subtler things like overall color or value patterns make themselves apparent.  When I'm actually painting I just pretty much see the detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment