Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Making a Trade


Next month I'm going to the Art and Soul retreat in Portland Oregon.  I've been to a few of these retreats before.  As I was looking through their website again I noticed a little blurb about "trades."  Apparently it's a tradition at the retreat to trade little art-related items with people you meet.  They can either be art supplies or little pieces of art.  So I decided to make some.

I'm going to make little button cards with a vintage look.  I'll have a painting of a cat in a dress and I'll sew vintage buttons on them.  So, here's the start of the card.  I'm doing the painting larger than the finished item - I'll shrink it down before I print it.  The piece of paper is about 8" x 10" and I'm aiming for an image size around 5" x 7".  I'm working with Golden fluid acrylics over my pencil drawing on Strathmore Mixed Media paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment