Saturday, March 10, 2018

Little Owl


Now I'm working on my second needle felted animal character inspired by my emerging Milkweed Manor stories.  This is Thea, the little owl.  A large storm destroyed her family's nest and, even worse, separated her from her mother and brothers and sisters, hence the (Swarovski crystal) tear falling from her eye.

At this point I've completed the needle felting.  The wires you see sticking out from the underside of her feet at to allow me to attach her to a base.  And speaking of a base, for literally a few years I had the perfect piece of wood - a narly chunk from the base of an oak tree that my sister found - sitting on my kitchen windowsill.  Now I can't find it anywhere!  So frustrating, but it's just another problem to solve and I'll come up with something.

The next step will be to make her bed jacket.  I bought a few pieces of vintage chenille bedspread scraps on Etsy and I'll use one of those.  Then I'll have to distress it to look like it's been through a storm.

Lots of fun ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment