Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Milkweed Manor - The First Big Step

Yesterday I reached a milestone - I completed the first draft of my book, "Milkweed Manor."  I didn't need to print it out, but I wanted to feel it in my hands, and what a good feeling it was!  My manuscript!

I've written books before and four of them  have been published, but they're all been art instruction books.  Writing fiction, and fiction to be read to children, is quite a different ballgame!

Anyway, the next step is to complete the first round of editing.  But I've put is aside for a few days so when I come back to it, I'll have "fresh eyes."

Meanwhile, I haven't done any visual art for about a week, and I've been missing it.  I'll use these next few days for that.  Then there will be some photos back in the blog - seems so strange without them!

By the way, if anyone out there is interested in writing a children's book, I recommend joining the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators.  There is so much information available through that wonderful organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment