Monday, March 12, 2012

A Wirework Interlude

I saw a heart similar to this in a bead store in Sacramento and recognized it as a variation on the "Tree of Life" wire wrap piece that I have seen several times.  I liked it, and decided to see if I could figure out how to make one.  This is the result.

The wire is a gorgeous pink gold color and the beads are just a mix of items from my extensive "stash."  Of coures, in the end I just couldn't resist adding some polymer clay so I made these two little birds.  Making the chain was somewhat tedious, but also rewarding.  And I also made the clasp.  A pretty glass drop adds a nice finishing touch near the clasp.

Diane at Basically Beads liked this piece so much that I'll be teaching a workshop on it next month.  And I liked it so much that I made two more.  These are fun! and a great way to use bead odds and ends.  The colored wires now on the market provide many exciting possibilites!

No comments:

Post a Comment