Monday, December 31, 2012

Ursula as Titania

 
Ursula, my little Black Forest bear, finally emerged as Titania, Queen of the Fairies.
 
She was actually one of the very first dolls I made, but for a long time I couldn't decide on her costuming.  Finally it just came to me.  Ursula would dress up as Titania.
 
I made her fairy dress from silk chiffon and edged the hem with beads and hanging crystals.  Making the ribboh flowers was a new and fun venture.  I made her wings from glittery fabric stretched and glued over a wire frame.  To hide the wire, I stitched a border of sparkly hex-cut seed beads, and added a few flat-back Swarovski crystals for more "fairiness."  Her wand is a toothpick coated with glitter and tipped with a glitter-covered polymer clay star.  Tiny star-shaped flat-back crystals brighten the center of the star.  The ribbon is very fine metal mesh.
 
I think she is very fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment