Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Banner

 
Since I'm being serious about selling my ACEOs (tiny paintings) on eBay I thought I should make a banner for my listings.  I've named my Etsy shop "The Foxes' Garden' so, to kill two birds with one stone (a horrible phrase - I'll have to come up with something else that conveys the same meaning) this is the banner I made.
 
I began by painting the left half.  Then I photographed it and worked with the FireWorks program to get the correct size for half the banner.  From there I could reverse it for the right side then add the text.  The text is called "Edwardian Script ITC."  Isn't it pretty?
 
Resizing it for Etsy, which requires 760x100 pixels, didn't work out quite as nice as this one which isn't quite that long and narrow.  Still, I think it's a good idea to have nearly identical banners on both sites.
 
I quite like the largest fox and may do something more with just that piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment