Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Mouse in a Rose

I didn't quite achieve what I wanted to with this one.  I wanted a mouse tucked among the petals of the rose, but I just couldn't do it.  For the rose to keep its form, the petals had to be somewhat dry, but then they were to dry to bend around the mouse.  So the best I could do was make the flower and then try to make the mouse look like she's perched on a petal.

Also, that tail is so fragile that I didn't want to mess with it much.  So, here it is, ready to dry and go into the kiln.  I'm hoping that the glaze will make the design a bit clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment