Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fanny Price



Here's the beginning of my portrait of Jane Austen's character from Mansfield Park, Fanny Price.  She's very, very proper, and perhaps a bit prim.  She's the daughter of a cat whose poor choices in early life landed her in poverty.  But her generous uncle, who had room in both his heart and home, took her in as a small kitten.  Great things are in store for her.  But, for the moment, she's demurely clad in a bonnet and knitted capelet.

This phase of the drawing comprises all my work with HB lead.  I'm establishing the basic drawing as well as the beginnings of the values and textures.  I'm working on Strathmore Mixed Media paper which I like very much.  Not only does it take graphite pencil well, but it's wonderful with all wet media - which come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment