Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Ready for the Printer

Catherine is now finished.  As you can see, I added the detail on the shawl, some gold on the book binding, and more color in the background.

My main compaint about this piece - and it is, once again, entirely my fault through lack of planning - is that it doesn't work well in a 6" x 8" crop.  Of course I should have marked that out on my paper to be sure that I could crop where I wanted to.  The problem is that I didn't finish it consistently at the bottom edge. 

I'd like to have the cat a bit higher in the space, showing more of her arm and paw.  But there is an unfinished area in the lower right that I didn't notice until it was too late to complete (with the layering and all, it wouldn't have matched).  More of the shawl would also have shown, and I did quite a bit of work on the part that's cropped out.  Will I ever learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment