Saturday, July 2, 2016

Back to Burdz in Niches

I finished the niches by rounding the insides with paper clay.  I had to add the paper clay in layers - three of them - because if you apply the clay too thickly it will crack.  So that took a bit of time as each layer took a full 24 hours to dry.

Meanwhile, I built the top.  It is not attached.  It sits in place and is stabilized by a piece on the underside which fits nicely into the bottom piece.  I want the top to be removable because I'm planning to add tiny lights in the tops of each of the niches so I will need access to the inside in case I need to change a battery.

So now it's time to gesso the piece, then on to the fun stuff - the decoration!

No comments:

Post a Comment