Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Another ACEO

Another ACEO, and this time a rabbit.  Once again, I used the combination of colored pencil, solvent, ink, and white acrylic paint.  I am liking this combination more and more.

The hard Verithin pencils seem to work particularly well.  I just wish there were more of a color range.

For quite a while I've had the idea of self-publishing an art instruction book on Amazon and have been mentally casting about for a subject.  Now I think I may have one, which is this particular mixed media technique. 

So while I was working on this piece, I took pictures at every stage.  Unfortunatly, they didn't come out very well.  I'll need to set up a standard lighting situation to get the quality of picture I'd need for a book, so I'll have to work on that!  Meanwhile, I'm happy with this little rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment