Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Beginning the Reindeer

This is the very beginning of the reindeer I'm making to accompany my stable elf - just the armature so far.

I made the antlers from polymer clay, and included a base with a hole that the armature wire could go through.  For the wire I used 12 gauge single strand insulated electrical wire.  The insulating is a nicer surface to work with than just bare wire.  As you can see from the picture, I then wrapped the wire with strips of felt and sewed them in place.  Now I'm ready for the felting.

By the way, I also formed the polymer clay antlers over an armature.  I made that one from 16 gauge copper wire and wrapped the wire snuggly with florist's tape so that the clay would have something to grab on to.

2 comments:

  1. hallo kaaren,
    wat heb je dat leuk gedaan.
    ben benieuwt naar het eind resultaat
    groetjes Marja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marja,
      I completed the reindeer yesterday and will be posting him later today. Thanks for looking at my blog!
      Kaaren

      Delete