Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Even More Tiny Ones

Here are the two other ACEOs that I did at the Art Camp this past weekend.  Once again, they're colored pencil.

The bear went smoothly, and it was a nice change of pace to put a bit of landscape in it.  But, as always with colored pencil, it was a pain preserving the lights.
 
Then on to the wolf.  This one was coming along quite nicely when I hit a situation I've never hit before.  I actually seem to have overloaded the paper with colored pencil because new layers started dislodging the ones underneath.  So that was a rude and sudden ending.  Unfortunatly, these areas show on  the shadow parts of the face and chest.  I don't know whether a different type of paper would have behaved differently.  I'll have to ask a few of my colored pencil friends.

But, for now, I'm more than ready to move on to acrylics.
 
I'm very glad that I chose to work so quickly on these and not draw them ahead of time.  The experience has made me more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment