Thursday, January 24, 2013

Working Small

This drawing measures 2 1/2" by 3 1/2" - an ACEO (Art Cards Editions and Originals) - the for-sale version of an Artist Trading Card.  I began with graphite then switched to colored pencil.  It's been a while since I've done any drawing, and even longer since I've worked so small.  And I thoroughly enjoyed both.

I worked on a toned buff drawing paper and originally I intended to use only graphite and white colored pencil.  But part way through I decided I wanted to give it a vintage look and added browns.  The darkest parts of the background are glazed with Indigo Blue.  Also, I blended the background with Gamsol which made it much deeper in color because it partially dissolves the wax so that it sinks into the texture of the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment