So here it is so far. After doing the pantaloons from purple silk I added wto ruffled layers of tulle, the first a medium purple and the top one lavendar. I cut sharp points in the lower edges of each to better simulate the blossom of a thistle.
The next step was to begin the bodice. I'm starting by layering folded points of satin ribbon. I don't know how far I'll go with this or what I'll do with the sleeves. Hopefully good ideas will come to me as I proceed.
As usual, I can't wait to get to the hair. It's so tempting to do it now but if I do I'll make working on the clothes around the neck much harder, so I'll restrain myself!