Tuesday, July 16, 2013

3X3 First Phase

 
This is my first report on my 3x3 pieces for this year's 3D and 3X3 show. My concept is a bit sketchy at this stage, but I wanted the bases of all of them to be collage incorporating several tea-related elements. So I've included tea-bas covers and tags, a label from an iced-tea bottle, and magazine snippets portraying some of the ingredients in the flavored teas, like peach or lemon. I've also included pieces of hand-written vintage recipe cards that I got on Etsy.com as well as some simple text for texture.
I prepared my board with spray primer that I got at Home Depot then went directly to the collage using Liquitex matt gel medium for the adhesive. Where I wanted to tone down the colors, I added light washes of gesso. Then I added splotches of color here and there with alcohol inks.
But now what? Well, that requires some thinking time...

No comments:

Post a Comment