Friday, July 26, 2013

Quack!

Here's the attendant duck with her paint job completed.  Isn't she beautiful?  It's going to be hard covering any part of her with a costume after all that painting.  So perhaps her dress will be minimalist.

For the record, the paper clay coated with gesso is a wonderful painting surface.  I suppose it would have been obvious to use regular white gesso but I used Liquitex clear gesso because it's what I have used on my gourds with great success.  And I used it on the gourds because I wanted the golden brown color and the texture of the gourds to show in the background of what I was painting.

As much as I love sculpting - and drawing - I just don't feel quite right without a brush in my hand.  So finishing this little duck was being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment