I finished him this afternoon. Mostly it was a fun process, but there was a bit of angst, especially with the muzzle which was too big on the initial layers.
I used glass eyes. (They are 9mm and I got them at www.glasseyesonline.com.) They had wires, and I thought that the wires would poke into the wool, but they didn't. Probably because I needle felted a pretty compact base for the eyes. So I cut the wires off and glued the eyes on with Alene's Quick Grab. Oh, and I felted tan under them so the irises would show.
After the glue dried I felted around them with the dark wool. Before this step, the eyes were looking pretty scary with the tan rims all around.
After much fussing and wondering what to do, I think I achieved a pretty nice face.
Thanks, Sara, for sharing your methods on your videos on www.sarafinafiberart.com.