Friday, August 8, 2014

All Dressed Up

There are many things I like about the method of armature construction that I learned (and am adapting to my own animals) from Sara Renzulli's website http://www.sarafinafiberart.com  One is that the animals can be flexible enough for removable clothing - like this little mouse!

She's about 4" tall in this position.  I made her sweater from scraps of a felted recycled cashmere sweater that I bought on Etsy.  The felting keeps the sweater from unraveling when you cut it.  An example is the ribbing around the bottom of the sweater.  The ribbing on the actual sweater scrap was much wider, but I was able to cut it down.

When I put her sweater on, I could hear the little mouse excitedly declaring "My mom made me this sweater!"

No comments:

Post a Comment