Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Grand Plan Struck Out, but the Cygnets are Cute


I wanted to needle felt a swan with three cygnets riding on her back.  I decided to start with the cygnets, working at a comfortable size, then I could judge how large the swan would need to be.  That seemed better than beginning with the swan then making cygnets that maybe would be too tiny to work properly.  Good plan!?!

Probably, but the cygnets turned out to be 6" tall which would make the mom way too big!
The cygnets are cute, and I still like the original idea.  Perhaps I should try again and start with the mom.

By the way, these feet were very difficult to felt and it's hard to get the cygnets to stand, although, as you can see, it can be done.  Before I start again, I need to come up with a better strategy for the feet.

1 comment:

  1. Ze zijn heel schattig Karen, ook je rendieren vind ik zo prachtig !
    groetjes uit België van Simonne

    ReplyDelete