Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Dresses for the Fox Sisters

The outfits for the fox sisters are well under way now.  Here are the girls, Lily and Rose, standing in the project box watching the action.  As you can see, they both have their underwear completed and are prim and proper.

I finished Lily's dress earlier.  It's the white one on the table, and Rose's pink dress is there too, in progress with pins sticking in it.  Because I needle felted the foxes over the same dimensions of armature and am making their dresses identical except for color, I am using the pattern I made for the white dress for the pink dress as well, checking as best I can as I go along that the pattern will also fit Rose.

I hand sew all the clothes.  For one thing, these clothes are awfully tiny to work with on the machine.  And for another, I enjoy hand sewing and find it relaxing.

We'll have to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment