Monday, December 7, 2015
The First Finished Snowflake Rabbit
I used a crystalline glaze but wasn't thrilled with the results. I think I may have put it on a bit too thickly because I didn't expect the melting crystals to run as much as they did. They didn't do that on the sample chip I made but the sample chip was fired flat whereas this surface was closer to vertical in the kiln.
I attached the large hanging one by threading a looped ribbon through the hole I had put downwards through the top of the head. A 3/8" wooden bead threaded with the ribbon - along with glue around the bead - holds it in place inside the cone shape of the robe. I then simply tied the crystal snowflake pendant to one end of the ribbon and cut the other end off.
I used E6000 glue to attach the tiny crystals on the robe. All in all, a success I'd say.