Thursday, January 28, 2016
"Tea in the Hedge" session 1
But I did learn something important. I first drew the hedgehogs, then found that I needed them to be a different size. So I re-sized the drawing on the computer, then cut it out and pasted it to a plain sheet of paper, them continued with the drawing. This may have been a mistake, for two reasons. First, the printed paper from the computer buckled a lot worse than the drawing paper. Second, the line where one kind of paper ends and the other begins shows on the painting, even after a layer of oil paint. So I will avoid this cutting and pasting in the future.
Anyway, I then coated the board with two coats of transparent gesso and when that was dry, began painting with my oil paints. The paints went onto the surface beautifully! And I didn't have to transfer any drawings!