Saturday, March 19, 2016

Annie Cat's Finished!

All done now!

I put tea in the cup, strengthened the shadows, did more work on the spoon, and that was it.  Adding the tea to the cup was scary.  I was using transparent Burnt Sienna, and I figured that I couldn't rework it and so had only one chance to get it right!

I'm not sure I like this painting all that much.  I have the nagging feeling that I should have thought it through more before I started.  But still it's a nice addition to my suite of tea paintings and will fit well in my dining room which I've converted to a tea room.

I'm honored to have been able to paint this sweet and fortunate cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment