Friday, March 18, 2016
More Annie Cat
I pretty much keep working on Annie Cat herself in each painting session.
Beyond that, this time I added the patterns to the teapot, cup, and saucer, working on the cookies and more on the spoon. Also, I washed vertical highlights and shadows on the curtains to make it look more like they are handing in folds. With the shadow washes, I darkened the area behind the teapot.
Then I set up the painting next to my TV and spent the evening looking at it and figuring out what to do next. I didn't quite like it, but wasn't sure what was wrong. But one of the "wrong" things that became clear was that the color patterns on the back end of Annie made it look like there was a hip and thigh there that were a bit too far back. Hmmm.