Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sweet Patches

Today I started on a commissioned portrait of a lovely little dog named Patches. She led a happy life with her owner to whom she brought joy every day. Sadly, she is now passed away and I have the honor to create this keepsake in her memory. I hope to do a special job with this portrait and that Patches' spirit will guide my brush as I paint.

Here is the first layer, just blocking in the main shapes. I have big plans for the sky - clouds with the sun breaking through and casting rays around Patches. She looks a little sad at this stage, so I'll pay special attention to cheering her up as the painting progresses. Perhaps she's a little reluctant to be painted, but hopefully we'll become more and more comfortable with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment