Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Spending More Time with Rudy

Today I wored on Rudy's portrait for about an hour and a half, switching this time to soft pastels.  The colors are getting more intense, probably mostly due to using the soft pastels.  But also the color is beginning to build up in the texture of the velour paper.  I have enough pigment on now to have a very light touch leave a wash effect - an effect I am very fond of.

I think I'll put Rudy aside for a few days.  I have a commission pet portrait I need to work on, plus I need to mull this one over to decide where I'm going from here.  There is good value contrast, but I'd like to have dramatic lighting and need to decide what that might look like.

Lately I've not been too good about spending time every day on art.  The days that I do get to it, it's most often around 3pm, and there have been too many days when I don't get to it at all.  Time for a change and some renewed focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment