Sunday, October 16, 2011

Taking a Squirrelly Break

I got an e-mail from Fire Mountain Gems asking for a donation of a handmade bead for their charity drive supporting breast cancer research.  Now that I'm collecting feedback before the final push on my SAA paintings, it seemed like a good time to take a break from the painting and get out the polymer clay.  And here's the result!
They're both really pendants rather than beads - a little too big for just beads.  But either one would be appropriate for the donation.  The one on the left is the one I'm sending in.  The hole runs horizontal through the upper chest.  I've added a dangle of a Swarovski pale lavendar pear shaped pearl which nicely picks up the mica sheen on the squirrel's fur.  The other one I'll keep for myself, so of course I had to made her into a fairy.  Her wings are polymer clay finished with mica powders in interference gold, green, blue, and violet with a final dusting of very fine glitter.  It will be fun indeed to make her into a necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment