Monday, May 28, 2012

Beginning the Book with a Fox

Foxes are hard for me to resist, and I didn't try that hard when I decided on the subject for my first project for my polymer clay animals book proposal.

This will probably be one of the more advanced projects in the book. 

Once I had the fox finished I was a bit puzzled about what to use him for.  I wanted to make a necklace, but the fox was pretty substantial, so the question was: what could I use for the necklace portion whose scale would balance the fox?  Fortunately, I had a nice kumihimo cord that I made from hand-dyed silk back in my kumihino days and it turned out that the colors were perfect.   I also had a piece of dyed druzy quartz (?) whose brown-red color would complement both the fox and the cord nicely.  So it was just a matter of picking out the other beads, and the project was as good as done.  I really love these flat square faceted carnelian beads, and the moss agate drop was a winner too.
Project #1: check!

No comments:

Post a Comment