Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Bunny Project

Here's the third project I did for my book proposal on polymer clay animals.  I'm happy with it for several reasons.  First, it uses a different technique than my usual for the clay colors.  And I'm using found objects - pieces of orphaned sterling earrings - in the piece.  I also think the combination of the sterling metal, black and white clay, and rock crystal is a nice one.

When I first finished the rabbit I was all set to construct a necklace with my antique copper or gold stuff.  But that's what I always do and I wanted to try something different.  I usually don't wear silver but I know that a lot of people do and since I wanted the book proposal to have a wide appeal, I went with it.  I'm glad I did.  I like this little piece very much and wear it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment