Friday, July 12, 2013

Chickens!


 

In honor of my new chickens I started making these little chicken characters from paper clay.  They're small - about 1 3/4" tall.  So far I've only gotten around to painting the one.  My intention is to keep the painting on all of them quite minimal.  Do you like her glasses?  I made them from rusted wire (to match the feet) and they have stylish star-shaped rhinestones on the sides.

The crown on the second one is from a metal bird that I didn't finish at a metal-working class.  I think it works fine here!

I have noticed two things about my own chickens who arrived as day-old chicks.  The first is how fast they grow.  And the second is how big their feet are - a handy feature for getting the little sculptures to stand properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment