Sunday, December 21, 2014

Fox Goes to Market


Here's a little ceramic fox that I recently completed.  I had sculpted and bisque fired her a while ago, but she sat waiting to be finished while I gathered the will to do the glazing which, for some reason, is such an unwelcome task for me.  I was hoping the glaze would "skip over" the indented dots in her jacket leaving white spots, but instead the glaze pooled in the indentations and I got darker dots.  Since then, I've bought some dimensional glaze which should be good for making spots.
 
Her hat and basket are ceramic.  The hat hangs around her neck with a satin ribbon.  The handle of the basket is rusted wire.  And I had some tiny polymer clay fruits from a project a few years ago that fit nicely in her basket.
 
Miss fox has been collecting fruit from the farmer's orchard and is taking it to the forest market.  She may be able to trade it for some luscious eggs!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment