Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Rabbit Journal for Spring

 It's been so warm and dry here lately that it seems like Spring even though it's February.  I guess it's the spring-like weather that brought this design out in me!

I enjoy rabbits as a subject.  Their big eyes are captivating and their ears unmistakable.  I placed this one in a vignette and transitioned to a scumbled background dotted with clover leaves and flowers.  The clover repeats in the wreath on her head, along with the inevitable scrolls and swirls.

I think this is the only journal I've used metallic gold on.  I used it for the stroke-work scrolls around the edge.  A successful piece, all around, I think.  I was tempted to keep it for myself, but I put it in my Etsy shop.

In this piece I drew heavily on the decorative painting techniques I've used and so enjoyed in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment