Saturday, March 21, 2015

Weasal Shaman

This is another of the group of small ceramics I did a while ago.  The sculpting goes quickly, but the glazing takes a while.

She is a weasel - and a shaman! There are bear shamans, squirrel shamans, and God knows what else shamans, so why not weasel shamans as well? Just to be sure that everyone is aware of her esteemed status, I have inscribed the words "weasel shaman" on her cloak.

Also on her cloak, I've stamped various small symbols from commercial stamps made for paper crafting. They do a very nice job on this clay, and then the glaze pools in the impressions and makes them stand out.

One of my goals for the near future is to design my own collection of small stamps for clay.
 
P.S.  I identify very strongly with this piece.  She is me!  Or, more properly, I should say "She is I!"

No comments:

Post a Comment