Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Dragon Shepherdess

 



The dragon shepherdess is part of my ultimate fairy garden stoneware suite.  There is also a small flock of sheep fairies and a shepherdess's cottage (currently under construction).  After I took this photo I realized that I had forgotten the lamb's wings and the holes in her forehead for the antennae, so I added them.  Now I'm waiting for these two pieces to dry so that I can bisque fire them.

You can see in the second photo that the lamb doesn't have any back legs.  That's just because it didn't seem possible to add them and still have her sitting on the dragon's arm.  Hopefully this omission will not be particularly noticeable in the finished piece.

Actually, I sculpted the dragon before.  But as I was moving the greenware on a small board I clumsily hit the edge of the board on the edge of the table and the dragon shattered - a lesson to treat my greenware with more respect.  It is SO fragile!

No comments:

Post a Comment