Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Olive Green Challenge, all done!


The final step was to add the decorative detail in the border,  I added the dragonfly collage element, and painted some dot and leaf and vine details.  I also smudged metallic gold along the outer edge.  It was difficult to stop before I had done too much because this part is my favorite - all the fussing and little details.

So, this piece definitely features Olive Green.  In fact, it's nearly all green, but I think the value contrast, along with the different colors of green and the details of orange, turquoise, and lavender keep it from being boring.  I really hope that "Somerset Studio" magazine likes this piece and chooses to publish it as part of this challenge.  I shipped it off on Friday, hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment