Saturday, August 13, 2011

Not So Fast!

Shelley critiqued my painting and did me a favor by telling me that I could do better!  So I buckled down and did a lot more work and - magically! - I do think it's better.  Mostly I concentrated on the background.  I added texture to the trees, deepened and smoothed out the color in the farthest background at the top, added brambles and several branches hanging down from the top, broke up and lightened the bands of grasses behind the fawns, and added grass heads to the right and left as well as more in the front.  On the fawns, I deepened the shadows.  I'm somewhat uncertain about the brown areas in the right foreground, but generally I'm very happy with the way this piece turned out, and grateful to Shelley for challenging me to do better.  Thanks, sis!


No comments:

Post a Comment