Thursday, August 18, 2011

What Should I Call It?


After more tweaking, I think I'm done - at least for now. Per Shelley's suggestion, I modeled the right dog's head more.  And I also added pure white to the sky and some of the highlights.  I liked the warmth of the very light yellow, but I like the addition of the white as it both brightens it and cools it. I'll do a final review in a month or so when I'm getting my SAA application together.

But what shall I call this painting?  I think this is the first one I've done in a long time that I didn't have a name for from the beginning.  I don't know the names of these dogs, or even what sex they are.  But I've been thinking of the black one as a boy and the other as a girl.  They look like a "Barney" and "Pixie" to me.  And they are waiting patiently.  So how about "Barney and Pixie - Patiently Waiting."

No comments:

Post a Comment